Monday, March 2, 2009

Networking is real...

I'm working on another blog post, but I want to hear from you!

For those that know me, they hear me say it time and time again, but I can only say so much about how networking has helped me get to where I'm at today.

So, here's what I'm hoping you can help me with...

Tell me how networking has helped you - internships, careers, social media, etc. I want to hear it all!



If you have a minute, or two, comment on this post and let me know your stories!

Thanks in advance - I really appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Networking helped me sidestep the new automated screening process for job postings. while i can hope my resume would have made it thru screening, chances are higher these days that it would not have. by making a couple of phone calls to those in my network, i was able to keep myself in play with human interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past year, I have discovered how important networking really is. It has led me to interviews and internship offers, as well as meeting great people. My blog and twitter have been instrumental in building my personal brand through social networking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that networking as helped you too - I can't emphasize it enough how important it is to any professional in any area of expertise.

    Not too long ago, I received an e-mail from an individual who met with me for an informational interview. He had expressed interest in having me come on for a possible post-graduate internship with his company; however, he was letting me know they hired an individual for this position. This is what followed...

    "Historically the people who have the best shot at our internships have relationships within our client base, and I believe that is the case again this year."

    This example alone just goes to show how important networking really is.

    Thanks for commenting! Another post is in the making.

    ReplyDelete