Sunday, February 8, 2009

Yea - I use Twitter, don't judge!

So, I have now been laughed at twice for talking about Twitter in my Integrated Marketing Communications class. Although the name is a little unprofessional, this mini-blogging site is taking the world by storm and I am a proud user!

For the days that I was able to catch the 5 o'clock news (3 days last week and with my schedule, that's fantastic!) my local news station used Twitter to interact with their followers and asked certain questions about the economy, the troubling job market and something else...I forget. Either way, this is just another way that Twitter is becoming the new way people communicate. Who needs AIM anymore when you have Twitter?

Not only have news stations used this social media tool, so has my school...they talked about global warming this week...needs some work to make it a little more exciting, but hey - they'll get there.

Most people laugh as I talk about this network and constantly check my Blackberry for updates, but I'm getting my news, local weather forecast, even job postings right at my fingertips. Social media is changing everyday, but I am proud to "tweet" everyday.

Follow me at @epope

2 comments:

  1. others work to obtain your natural gifts of passion and ethics. your grampa would be proud to see his grand-daughters efforts. the apple didn't fall far from the tree... you caught it, planted it's seeds, tend to those seeds and.... flourish.

    look for three things each day that are blessings... embrace them and be blessed times three! some people could call that networking, i call it a way of life.

    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment - I know he's looking down and smiling. Hopefully, I'm making him proud!

    ReplyDelete